Transferring credits from Moraine Park Technical College
Transferring to a four-year college has never been easier. Earn credits at Moraine Park and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Please note that credits earned at Moraine Park must meet the requirements of the college where you wish to enroll. Some colleges accept only certain courses or a limited number of credits. Some colleges accept the credits of an entire associate of applied science degree. Some colleges accept technical diploma level courses.
Be sure to contact the receiving college to ask if specific Moraine Park courses will transfer!
Here are the four-year public and private colleges that have credit transfer agreements with Moraine Park:
- Bellevue College
- Bellevue University
- Capella University
- Cardinal Stritch University
- Chadron State College
- College of St. Scholastica
- Concordia University
- Franklin University
- Herzing University
- Kaplan University
- Lakeland College
- Marian University
- Milwaukee School of Engineering – Rader School of Business
- National American University
- Ottawa University
- Rasmussen College
- Silver Lake College
- Strayer University
- University of Phoenix
- Upper Iowa University
- UW-Eau Claire
- UW-Green Bay
- UW-La Crosse
- UW-River Falls
- UW-Stevens Point
- Viterbo University
- Waldorf College
- Western Governors University
Transferring credits to Moraine Park Technical College
Credit for prior learning is the granting of credit in an associate of applied science degree or technical diploma program for knowledge or skills directly related to the program curriculum. Credit may be granted based on proficiency gained through work experience, military experience or training, business/industry training, coursework completed at other institutions (including high schools with articulation agreements in place) or other prior learning experiences.
Credit for prior learning by exam
Students might want to earn credit by exam if:
- They have completed extensive high school work above the normal curriculum that may deem taking a similar Moraine Park course redundant.
- They have developed the competencies via work experience.
- They have taken similar coursework at another college and cannot transfer the credit but can demonstrate the competencies.
- They have taken similar courses in an apprenticeship, vocational, civil or military training program.
A $30 processing fee to take an exam and 30% of tuition value rate per credit are charged for administration of challenge exams for advanced standing credit — nonrefundable /nontransferable if credit is not awarded
For occupational experience, a $30 processing fee is charged to initiate the occupational credit evaluation. Once awarded, 30% of tuition value rate per credit fee applies.
No fee is charged for transfer of credit.